SEPI-CT can provide an array of support to any professional, practice, or agency that works with pregnant people.
Support includes but is not limited to:
- Trainings (in-person or virtual), including: Understanding CAPTA/Family Care Plans, CAPTA Portal Overview and Walkthrough, Overview of DMHAS Women’s Services, DCF Mandated Reporter, and others
- Technical assistance with the implementation of new or existing CAPTA/FCP policies and procedures
- Promotional and educational materials such as brochures, pamphlets, and other resources
- One-on-one assistance (in-person or virtual) with questions or concerns on CAPTA/FCP
- Support with other related needs or questions
Supporting Families Impacted by Substance Use: The Evolution of CAPTA
This training is helpful for any community providers and health professionals who work with people who are pregnant and/or parenting and also using substances. This training is 90 minutes and offers 1.5 CECs through the CT National Association of Social Workers and 1.5 Contact Hours through the CT Certification Board. Trainings are scheduled upon request. Please contact Mary Fitzgerald at email@example.com.
Parents Recovering from Opioid Use Disorders (PROUD) is an educational series, funded through a grant from the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, to educate those in the caring professions on support strategies that help families succeed. View available recorded trainings here: https://cthosp.org/education/proud/